For all properties purchased at UBC, a Form C Assignment of Lease must be signed by the University of British Columbia (UBC). A Tripartite Agreement must also be signed for every mortgage placed against the property.
This information pertains to the notaries and lawyers processing the sale of UBC property. For all individual strata lots purchased at the University of British Columbia (UBC), a Form C Assignment of Lease must be signed by UBC. A Tripartite Agreement must also be signed by the purchaser, lender/bank and UBC for every mortgage charged against the property.
Before engaging with us, please note:
- We act as the Administrators on behalf of UBC that arrange the documents for our signing officer to sign. As a result, we do not provide legal advice or advice on any procedure or precedent set by the Lands Title Office (LTO).
- We rely upon the buyers and sellers to ensure that any transaction complies with all relevant legislation.
- We do not keep any copies of Head or Ground Leases – these can be obtained through the LTO.
- Both the Form C and Tripartite Agreement are documents from the LTO and can be obtained here.
- Please ensure all the information in your documents is correct, otherwise it could delay the process. Our processing times begin when we receive complete and accurate documents.
Apart from the rush fee that may be applied (see processing times below), our services are free of charge.
Please pay special attention to our processing times. If you do not hear from us after 2 business days, please contact our office for a status update. We will endeavor to assist you to the greatest of our ability, but we cannot offer same day turnaround on execution of documents.
- UBC Properties operates on a 2 business day turn around schedule. Documents submitted after 12 noon will be considered submitted as of the next business day.
- We do offer a rush service that allows us to return documents in 1 business day, for an applicable fee of $60 (subject to change). Invoice for this fee will be included in the email with your documents – payment must be made by cheque.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
We now only accept documents by email and we only provide documents back by email (electronically signed). No hard copies are provided.
Please ensure you provide this information in your email to us:
- Strata Lot #
- Civic Address
- Date documents are required back to you
Please do not send any other documents (title searches, mortgage information etc.) or final copies of executed documents as we do not keep them on record.
COMPLETING THE DOCUMENTS
The current Standard Charge Terms are Filing No. ST000010. Please ensure this is represented in your documents accurately. If you select (b) as the Charge of Terms, please ensure you include Part 2 in your document.
Corporate Seals are not required by the University and we do not execute the documents under seal by UBC.
Please call 604 731 3103 or email email@example.com.
Forms & Downloads
For the Services Levy, please call UBC Financial Services at 604-822-2454. Information is also attainable on the website: serviceslevy.finance.ubc.ca
Services Levy taxes can be remitted by cheque to:
UBC Financial Operations
5th Floor, 6190 Agronomy Rd
BC V6T 1Z3
For the Rural Tax, please call 250-387-0555 (or toll free 1-888-355-2700)